People’s interest in food is nowadays becoming increasingly diverse.
In response, a wide variety of food products have been created using new technologies in many parts of the world.
Accordingly, the labeling of such various products has become more complex,
in terms of what ingredients are used and what substances are contained.
As a result, it has now more difficult to keep track of whether the labeling is appropriate or not.
By engaging in the simplification of the labeling of food products (which is - more than ever - difficult to handle and understand), we would like to contribute to a society in which people can choose foods with higher quality and according to their tastes, based upon informed choices.
Making food labeling accessible for everyone.
Food Labeling ConsultationFor a food label to be appropriate, the ingredients used and substances contained should be properly reflected on it. In recent years, however, ingredients and foods have become more diverse, and following these trends, the relevant rules have also diversified.
Our goal is to create an environment that facilitates appropriate food labeling for those who manufacture and sell food products, by providing compliance verification service stailored to each of your projects and their specific food ingredients/products.
- Food Labeling Consultation
- We verify the compliance of ingredients and additives against the standards for use in Japan based on specifications provided (including details as the formulation, etc.).
We can also check the conformity of your product's artworks and their proposed labeling of raw material names, allergens, nutrition facts, etc., in accordance with the standards for Japan.
- Checking & Search Systems
- We propose two systems: the "New Food Labeling Checker", an automatic food labeling checking system for the Japanese market; and
"gComply", a documents database search system for food-related standards/regulations in various countries.
- Columns & Seminars on Regulations Updates
- Our monthly newsletter provides information on revisions of Japan's food labeling standards, together with columns on trends in overseas standards.
We also hold seminars on major regulation updates and practical points associated with the revisions.
News & Newsletter
- Future of allergen labeling (Japan) (Consideration of adding macadamia nuts to the list of recommended labeling)
- Request for re-verification of notified documents for Foods with Function Claims issued (Japan)
- Recent Trends in Food Labeling Standards in U.S.A., Australia, and Canada
- Canadian mandatory front-of-pack labeling : important highlights
- Obon Holidays (Summer Holidays) in 2023 Closing Notice: August 11th - August 15th
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
July 18th, 2023
- Agricultural products with food chain information newly set in JAS (Japan)
- Recent Food Labeling Trends on Sustainability
- “Fair Trade Conference for Olive Oils” newly established and its Code added to Fair Competition Codes (Japan)